2016 NPFL Super 4:Wikki and Rangers end it goalless in Enugu

Rangers-v-Wikki-Bright Silas and Ocheme Edoh of Rangers against Idris Sabo of Wikki Tourists 
By China Acheru

Rangers International and Wikki Tourists ended their Matchday 2 encounter goalless as the Super4 tournament continued in Enugu.

Imama Amapakabo changed every single one of his starting line from the first game a decision that affected the free-flowing football his Rangers side are known for.

"Yes I made all those changes because I want to give every player I've signed a feel of the game.

"Did it affect our style? Yes it did and it's expected because they were new players still learning our philosophy. But most of all I'm happy with the way we played especially in the second half and the result too," Amapakabo told npfl.ng.

"The game ended goalless and the positive is that we are yet to concede in two games."

Rangers seemed the better side but profligacy was their undoing for most of the game.

After a slow start to the game, Bright Silas should have put Rangers ahead in the 16th minute. He jabbed a cross that beat Wikki goalkeeper, Emeka Nwabulu but returned off the upright.

In the 30th minute, Ocheme Edoh's cross was completely mistimed by Nwabulu but Morris Enete failed to connect the free ball.

It was still Rangers on the prowl three minutes later when Chizoba Amaefule crossed into the box but Enete again failed to connect with his head.

Enete missed again in the 35th minute, this time from an Nnamdi Anyasodo cross, but his header failed to connect.

It was not all Rangers though in the first half as Omo Johnson was freed by Idris Sabo in the 27th minute. He ran into good space but shot at keeper, Akor.


The flurry of misses continued for Rangers in the second half.

Just one minute into the restart, Ocheme Edoh's volley in the box from an Amaefule free kick missed target by whiskers.

Three minutes later, Wikki's Chukwudi Samuel made a 20-yard run but his shot was deflected for a corner.

Wikki's gaffer, Baba Ganaru quickly took out Samuel for Victor Yakubu but on the hour mark it was Rangers that could have scored when Chiamaka Madu got a pass from Enete but the goalkeeper saved his shot.

In the 61st minute, Wikki made another change, bringing in Harrison Madu for Ya'u Hassan, but it was Rangers that kept pressing.

On 63 minutes, Ocheme Edoh beat the offside trap and crossed in for Chiamaka Madu who shot wide when it would have been easier to score.

At this point, 66th minute, Imama Amapakabo made a quick double change, throwing in Godwin Aguda for Ocheme Edoh and then Tope Olusesi for Morris Enete

Four minutes later, Sunday Udeagha replaced Chiamaka Madu for Rangers and Osas Okoro was thrown in for Bright Silas.

Ganaru took out Bature Yaro for Jonathan Richard and with ten minutes left to play, Omo Johnson was removed for Mubarak Umar.

Wikki Tourists had two amazing chances to score, first in the 75th minute when Shammah Tanze freed Jonathan but his cross was headed out for corner.

In the 82nd minute, Wikki left-back Jonathan Zikiye took out three markers but his cross was headed out for a corner.

Rangers could have won it in added time when Olusesi, free in the box latched on a cross, but rather than score himself, passed to Camara Aziz whose reaction was slow.

It ended scoreless but not in anyway boring.

Culled from www.npfl.ng
Share on Google Plus

About xxx

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Post a Comment