Super Falcons Cameroon diary, Day 9

By Chibuogwu Nnadiegbulam

I woke up this morning to hear that the press conferences for both today and tomorrow's matches was done yesterday.

Meaning it was not only Egypt and South Africa that addressed the media yesterday, Nigeria and Kenya also did.

Faith told me that it was assistant coach, Ann Chiejine and midfielder Ngozi Okobi that represented Nigeria at the presser. Then I called Jessica, since she was in Limbe, to find out if she knew about the press conference, but she didn't.

Both Jessica and Janine spent the entire day in their hotel until later in the evening when they strolled to the CAN village, which was very close to their hotel, to have little fun.

Anyway, Sam got the audio of the press conference from Super Falcons Media Officer, Remi, so I asked him to forward it to me.

I was eating breakfast while completing an article previewing the final round of group matches. And afterwards, it was time to get ready for the stadium. The bus, which CAF provided for Buea-based journalists, arrived MRS Mile 17 at almost 1:30 and we got in.

The journey to Limbe was smooth and we had been saved the stress of hopping from one cab to another even as I would not have to sweat up that road that leads to the main entrance of the stadium.

About one hour later, we were at the stadium. Jessica and Janine were there already. They arrived earlier so that Janine could get her accreditation tag. But she didn't get it without having to sort out some issues, which included the fact that someone (which is me) had already been issued a tag under the organisation, 'Ladies March'.

We watched the teams warm up ahead of the crucial clash. Then, from the first blast of the whistle, it was South Africa doing all the attacking. Meanwhile, in Yaounde, Cameroon went a goal up against Zimbabwe by the second minute.

In Limbe, Egypt continued to slow down the pace of the match with their defensive tactics, but that could not stop South Africa from scoring their first goal of the tournament in the 28th minute.

In the second half, the flood gate of goals was opened and four more came for Banyana Banyana. Jermaine Seoposenwe got among the goals and we caught up with her at the mixed zone after the match.

You can bet I took a selfie, but just when I was about to tweet it, "no thumbnail" greeted me. I still have not understood how that demon overwrote my photo.

Moving on, we were back in Buea before 8pm. I ate, rested, and wrote this.

I forgot to tell you how the name "Animal Farm" came about in yesterday's diary entry.

Tracy told me that in the 80's, when that area was still developing, there was an old man who reared all kinds of animals there. And people came from different parts to buy goats, fouls, etc. That was how the name stuck till date.
Share on Google Plus

About xxx

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Post a Comment