League resumes September 17

The Nigeria Professional Football League resumes for match day 26 matches on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 after a two week forced break.

The League Management Company (LMC), the body that runs the league announced on Thursday that that Glo Premier League fixtures will resume on Wednesday following the return of members of the Nigeria Referees Association (NRA) that had withdrawn their services in response to the uncertainties that trailed the Annual General Assembly of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Fixtures of the Glo Premier League were called off during the Weekend of August 30-31st following the withdrawal of services by members of the NRA.

Salihu Abubakar, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the LMC on Wednesday said the league resumption has been approved on the strength of the notice by the NRA indicating their readiness to officiate in matches. He said a letter announcing the resumption of services by Referees addressed to the NFF General Secretary and signed by the NRA Secretary General, Prince Moroof Oyekunle Oluwa has been received by the LMC.

“Consequent of the NRA readiness to officiate in matches, all Match Day 26 fixtures will hold on Wednesday, September 17 and Clubs of the Glo Premier League have been notified accordingly. We seize this opportunity to thank all stakeholders, especially our commercial partners and fans for their understanding,” stated Abubakar.

He said other Match Days have been rescheduled to accommodate the disruption and promised that the dates and fixtures which have been published on the LMC website (www.lmc-ng.org)

“The disruption has made it inevitable that we re-jig the fixtures and dates which will now entail a number of midweek fixtures to make up for the lost time and enable us meet the Confederation of African Football (CAF) deadline for submission of representative clubs for continental club competitions.” explained the LMC officer.

League fixtures across all divisions including the Federation Cup finals were put on hold as members of the NFF Board squabbled over elections into the Executive Board. It took FIFA’s intervention through an ultimatum that expired on September 8 for normalcy to return.
Share on Google Plus

About xxx

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.


Post a Comment